Artisan Template original pages are different sizes

Discussion in 'Templates' started by Tim J, Aug 28, 2016.

1. Tim J

Tim J Member

Hello,
    I am working on Artisan, using Muse 2015.2. OS X Capitan. When I opened up the original file, some of the pages where at 960 wide and some where at 1500. I have never worked with a responsive site, so I'm sure it has something to do with that.

But I thought you built out your site at its widest, then redesign as you get smaller. Should I just change all the pages to 1500, and start that process.

Whats happening when i publish, is the content on the 960 pages is all out of whack until i drag my window to 960 wide. Which of course is what makes it responsive. I guess my question is why didn't all the pages get templated at the same size?
    http://webguru04.businesscatalyst.com/ 960.jpg 1500.jpg
    Thanks for reading!

2. Jeremei

Jeremei Well-Known Member

Tim!
    It is a ready template.
    Don´t make any changings with the widths of the pages. Pages can be different width.
    Just edit each page in the largest breakpoints, 960px and 1500px (Portfolio).
    All items will be ok in smaller breakpoints because this template has been made in this way.

3. Tim J

Tim J Member

Thanks for the reply Jeremei, I guess I don't understand why only the portfolio page is 1500 wide? I know everything will look fine smaller. The problem is when you look at say the home page on a 1280 px wide laptop? Any thoughts?