Article Connect Themes from our Demo

Discussion in 'Share Your Connect CSV Themes' started by Brandon, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Brandon

Brandon Widgetsman Staff Member Advisory Group

2. Joe Dlugo

Joe Dlugo Member

I think I'm missing something when it come to installing these presets ... I opened the split layout, made a copy on my Drive, shared it publicly, entered the code into the widget ... and nothing. Is there some other setting / step I might be missing?

3. Joe Dlugo

Joe Dlugo Member

Hi Brandon - I can't seem to get these to work and show something like what's on the presets. How do I get the image to styay to the left of the text on the split layout?

4. Fabio

Fabio New Member

Hi Brandon,
    where is it possible to download the themes you've used for making this demo?

In the zip file there are the CVS files only.

Thank you
    Fabio

5. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Fabio, you should be able to take the settings from the local CSV files that Brandon has shared, and change your google spreadsheet to match.
    Dj

6. cp84

cp84 Member

I am having the same issue as Joe Dlugo. I am using all the same settings from the Split layout CSV, however the photo is appearing on top of the text and not to the left as in the demos. Can you assist?

7. DjHerold

cp84, I have modified our CSV CONTENT file to give the look you're asking about (I hope).
    To see what I've done, the easiest thing would be to compare it to the Content file that is in the widgets zip file.
    Note each column and which are populated and which are not. Each column has an impact, so check them all.
    Use the Content sheet I am providing, along with the Presets sheet Brandon has included in this post and you should be good to go.
    Hope this helps
    Dj

Attached Files:

8. Mark Lambertson

Mark Lambertson Member

I can't get this to work. I want the two column plus sidebar, just like the demo. I've copied the CSV files you provided above and through the widget, then made them public. I get messy columns and no sidebar.

Here's a link to the temp site:
    http://prodigiousmotion.com/theofaf/opioid-articles.html

[​IMG]

9. Jeremei

Jeremei Well-Known Member

Mark!
    I am not 100% sure how the MT-team has created this feature but I have a doubt that they have created the sidebar column manually?
    You can try in this way:
    1) Set the page width e.g. 1200 px (fluid) (margins e.g. 20 px)
    2) Drag Article Connect widget to canvas
    3) In widget settings - set Column Count to 2 columns
    4)
    Set manually the width of the widget to e.g. 760 px (look at the screenshot)
    5) Now you can create a sidebar column manually
    6) In each breakpoint you can manually regulate the width of the widget and sidebar.

Test if this is working because I did not find the way how the sidebar column can be created in Content Template Sheet?

Article_Connect_Sidebar_Test.jpg

10. DjHerold

All, I have asked if the team can provide me with the different demo's, and if I can get them I will pass them along.
    Remember that the Content sheets can have a large impact in the look, not just the Presets files.
    That's why I have the Split layout Content sheet for the post asking for that style layout above.
    Thanks
    Dj

11. DjHerold

Mark, I talked with the dev's on this and I am including a modified Content sheet (CSV) that will give you an idea of how to set up your content for the look you wanted.
    Compare it to the Content sheet that comes with the widget and you'll get the drift. I just made a column change to get the image arrangement.
    Also, I am attaching screen shots of the layout in Muse and in Browser preview.
    The layout is similar to what Jeremei suggested.
    Hope this helps
    Dj
    Capture1.JPG Capture2.JPG

Attached Files:

12. Mark Lambertson

Mark Lambertson Member

@Jeremei and @DJ -- Thank you both. I'll give it all a go.

13. gleaman66

gleaman66 New Member

I have tried both split layout content sheet.csv and Article Connect Presets Theme - Split Layout from Demo - Sheet1.csv and the image still remains on the type not on the left as in the split layout demo. I tried a brand new page, image is still on top. I need nothing special, just the image on the left as in the demo. Am I doing something wrong?

Could you supply the muse doc and .csv files that function properly?

14. DjHerold

gleam, have you set the columns to 2 in the widget controller (under settings) ?
    Dj

15. gleaman66

gleaman66 New Member

I got it to mostly work, I can not get rid of the creation date under the left side photo. In content csv, I deleted all content except 1 box for leading image link on line 1. I tried deleting all date boxes on lines 1-2-3-4 but it still shows up. I can only get rid of it by making it transparent but then it goes away on the right side.

16. DjHerold

gleaman, you should be able to eliminate the 'Created Date' by removing the date in column P (content sheet), and don't forget that there are 'Created By' text area's in the widget controller.
    Dj

17. gleaman66

gleaman66 New Member

Success!! I deleted the 'Created By' text in the widget controller. The page now works exactly as the demo, 'Created By' text only on the right side, #2 position. Thank You for your assistance.

18. DjHerold

Glad to have helped.
    Dj