Article Connect - Sharing to Social Media Problems

Discussion in 'Connect - CSV Widgets' started by Joe Dlugo, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Joe Dlugo

Joe Dlugo Member

I set up Article Connect with social media buttons from Disqus, however when I go to use them to share on Facebook, the post ends up either not being found or simply just giving the name of the page as a whole and not the individual post... this occurs even after using the object debugger to scrape the URL several times. Are there any known issues with this? Is there anything that I might be forgetting?
  2. Skline

Skline Member

I'd like to revive this thread, as it is nearly a year old, and has not been addressed...
    I'm assuming I'm not the only one who sees addressing this as vital to the future of Article Connect.

I feel a little foolish, because I became a Muse Themes member mostly for this widget, and now my client is insisting that we move away from it, mostly because of this issue.
    I do understand why, but that doesn't mean that it isn't expected behavior on the modern day internet... which is what we as designers are expected to deliver.
    It also seems realistic that, if you can inject content into a web page via Javascript, that you could also inject the necessary tags into the header that would allow Facebook to display the proper info/photos for each article page. I could be wrong of course, but if so I think we need to know.
  3. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Skline, I'm going to suggest you place a support ticket on this (resources>contact us) and see if the team has some in sights on your issue.
    I'm sure they can either provide a solution or give you a much better explanation of the functionality and/or restraints than I can.
    And if you do, would you be so kind as to provide your findings here for others to learn from.
    Thank you
  4. Skline

Skline Member

I have, and I followed up on it after some time, and they still hadn't gotten an answer...

For problems of this nature (where we can't deliver what a client deems to be "normal" internet behaviors—which is essentially our job, in spite of any technical hurdles that our tools put in our way), I was hoping that a public discussion could give us a timeline, and help in deciding whether or not to transfer to a different technology.
    Support tickets are probably better for developers, but we also need to be provided with realistic (and public) information so we can provide our clients with realistic expectations.