Article Connect - redirect page from link in Google doc article

Discussion in 'Connect - CSV Widgets' started by Steven Farber, Apr 12, 2018.

1. Steven Farber

Steven Farber Member

I have a link in my Google doc, and when you click it, you get a redirect page from Google, telling people the page they were on is asking to redirect them. If you want to go to the page you have to click the link again. This is annoying. How do I get around this?? For an example of what is happening go to this page: www.cannonbuilders.com/blog.html, click on one of the articles "read more" link, scroll down to the bottom where it says "watch video" (which should simply link to the YouTube video) or the "back to main blog page" link, which should take you back to the first article connect page of the website. Either way you get this strange redirect page.

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Steven, I haven't seen that before. I am seeing though, you are using an older version of the widget.
    I'd suggest updating to version 1.1, and giving that a try.
    Try it on a new blank page/site. See if you still get the re direct. If you do, try a stock sheet you have not modified.
    If this still persists, I recommend placing a support ticket (resources>contact us) so the team can see your file and spreadsheet.
    Thanks
    Dj

3. Steven Farber

Steven Farber Member

When I update to latest version, does it modify what I already have done in the website? Or do i have to redo everything? Not sure how to update... Thanks

4. DjHerold

Steven, Muse requires a new widget to be added to the site, they do not allow for auto update.
    The beauty though of the connect widgets is the ability to re use the same sheets in the new widget.
    So the only thing you will need to do, is change any styling you may have done. The sheets should be able to be swapped from the old to the new (still manually though).
    Make sure to make a copy of your file to make sure the changes are how you'd like them before any major change /addition/update.
    Thanks
    Dj

5. Steven Farber

Steven Farber Member

6. DjHerold

Steven, sorry you're still having issues, since I can't replicate this, I need to ask you to place a support ticket (resources>contact us) so the team can see your file and spreadsheet.
    Thanks
    Dj

7. Steven Farber

Steven Farber Member