Article Connect Links fail to load

Discussion in 'Connect - CSV Widgets' started by @gekjr, Jun 30, 2017.

1. @gekjr

@gekjr Active Member

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

gekjr, unless someone her has had the same issue, this may be one for the support team (resources>contact us).
    I see what you're indicating, but what is strange, is that your other posts all link up fine. It's just the first one.
    You probably have, but if not, can you try setting up just that post and see if it's something specific to it?
    Thanks
    Dj

3. @gekjr

@gekjr Active Member

So, If I do a read More a new page opens. I get that link for that post paste it into a new tab, none of the content loads.

Attached Files:

4. @gekjr

@gekjr Active Member

What version of article connect is out the one I downloaded still says beta 4

5. @gekjr

@gekjr Active Member

DJ, All good swap out the widget. It seems I got caught still using version 4. Still a little crazy how a shared link loads. http://districtcreate.org/news.html#!/premiere-pro-11-1-2-critical-update-highly-recommended

6. C1286

C1286 Member

I cant see where to make a new post.. I am using article connect, if I preview the page where the widget is located I see my articles. However if I preview the website from the home page and click to the articles section it loads the preset articles set by you guys. Any idea why this is happening? I am also using your widget Nav System. Thank you :)

7. Jonathan Vellos

Jonathan Vellos Member

I'm struggling with this same problem, I'm trying to natively host the images on my computer, that will be linked in the CSV file, but I'm not having any success getting the images to show, not sure what to enter in the field. So I placed the file on my google drive, and entered the ID but still the images don't show up. I really wish that a more detailed tutorial could have been made to help with this new widget.

8. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

C1286, I have posted a question for you in your other post. If you wouldn't mind, we can look at your situation in that post.

Jonathan, I suggest looking at https://fast.wistia.net/embed/iframe/0jrav2zavl?popover=true
    This video talks about hosting images to be used in Gallery Connect, but the same would apply in Article Connect.
    Please note that Steve speaks to a drop box hosting trick (if you like to use Drop Box to host your images) around the 6 min mark of the video (Where Steve talks about changing a Drop box code from dl=0 to dl=1). It was a trick that used to be needed in Dropbox that has since been changed in recent weeks. You'll need to change the dl=o to raw=1. This has to do with viability in Safari.
    Watch the video and you'll see what we believe are the easiest image hosting ideas.
    Thanks
    Dj