Article Connect - Full Title (Text Alignment)

Discussion in 'Connect - CSV Widgets' started by Ryan Ackley, Aug 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryan Ackley

Ryan Ackley Member

With my first post, I will start out by saying that I love all that muse THEMES has to offer.

With that out of the way, I have a question about settings for Article Connect. Specifically, I don't see any way of adjusting text alignment for the "full title". The section that comes after clicking Read More. Does this exist?

If it does not exist, and I don't see it on the "Presets" spreadsheet, where could I find it? I see size and color, but not text alignment.

For me, it looks very strange having the full article title be left justified and the subtitle centered. Especially if you have a short title, not to mention they are both centered on the main page.

If this is not an option, can I suggest that you make it one? I think many others would like this as well.

On a side note, I would love to see alignment options for images as well. I see why you make them so long in your examples.

Thanks,

Ryan.

Attached Files:

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Ryan, thank you, and good to have you join us.
    I want to be sure what you are looking for, so I need to ask (just so I'm not missing something).
    Is you screen shot example what you are attempting to achieve?
    Thanks
    Dj

Ryan Ackley likes this.
  3. Ryan Ackley

Ryan Ackley Member

Thank you for the quick reply.

No, that is the only available option because of the lack of options for aligning the title. I would like to have the title centered.

Thanks,

Ryan.

4. Ryan Ackley

Ryan Ackley Member

You can see in the Screenshot (67) that on the main page you get a centered title. When you choose to read the article, you get a left justified title. I don't see any options in the spreadsheet presets to change it. You get "full_title_size" and "full_title_color".

Attached Files:

5. Ryan Ackley

Ryan Ackley Member

As you can see in Screenshot (69), using code for, center text, in the "Content" spreadsheet kinda worked. But, it left part of the code at the top of the page. It did center it though.

Attached Files:

6. Ryan Ackley

Ryan Ackley Member

You can see in Screenshot (71) of the spreadsheet presets, It's like we need a "full_title_size_alignment" to make it happen.

Title alignment (title_alignment) is only for the main article page, not the full article page.

Attached Files:

7. DjHerold

Ryan, I'm going to check with the team (unfortunately, I can't give you a time frame) but I've always changed this in the Presets, I believe it's line 17 Title Alignment.
    The issue I'm having at this time, is it appears I can change the alignment (left, center, right) and the two bodies of text coincide on the main page.
    But when I go to the read more, the main title isn't following, it remains at left justified.
    I will have to ask about this.
    Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Dj

Ryan Ackley likes this.
  8. Ryan Ackley

Ryan Ackley Member

Yes, that is exactly what I am experiencing.

And no, you are not inconveniencing me at all. Without muse THEMES I would not be able to do this. So, thank you!

9. DjHerold

Ryan, would you try something for me?
    On your Master page
    Go to
    Page > Page Properties > HTML for Head

And drop this into your page.

<style>
    .mt-content-connect-title {
    text-align: center;
    }
    </style>

Let me know if this works
    Dj

Ryan Ackley likes this.
  10. Ryan Ackley

Ryan Ackley Member

Adding that code to the HTML for Head worked.

My only question would be to ask if this is a temporary fix, or how it should be done going forward?

I'm fine either way.

Thanks for the help.

Ryan.

11. DjHerold

Ryan, this is something that is being looked at for a future change. So for now, this is the best way to go.
    Also, just as a bonus, you can try adding this for centering images.

<style>
    .mt-content-connect-leading-img img {
    margin: 0 auto;
    }
    </style>

Thank you for your help in finding this.
    Dj

12. Ryan Ackley

Ryan Ackley Member

That's what I figured.

And thank you for the image centering.

Thank you so much, Mr. Herold!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.