Article Connect - Feedback & Requests Thread

Discussion in 'Connect - CSV Widgets' started by Steve Harris, Jan 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

wingshot, without seeing your settings, I need to ask, did you add the PHP file to the widget?
    Dj

2. wingshot

wingshot Member

@DjHerold Per the video instructions, isn't it required to utilize Google Docs as the content provider? I know there's an option to source this locally, but (as I suspected) I wanted to test and use the way that I would potentially offer this to clients. If I can't get it work for myself, I can't offer it to them. Not to mention, it's so much easier to use the Google Doc option for ease of writing on the go and quickly linking.

If there are certain settings you'd like or need to see, let me know and I'll be happy to upload those.

3. DjHerold

wingshot, I think you might have flipped the instructions. In the video (at about the 2:25 mark of the first video), Steve talks about this, and he states that if you are using Google Docs, you must use the PHP file also. It's when you use Google spreadsheets and the local files that you don't need it.
    Hope this helps
    Dj

4. wingshot

wingshot Member

Thanks @DjHerold. Maybe I typed something incorrectly, but what you typed is exactly how I understood it and how I have it set up. To clarify, my intention is for this to work on my site using Google Docs; not by pasting html content into the spreadsheet. And I'm currently using Google Docs to serve my content through the Content Spreadsheet. However, as you see in my link posted above, anything the widget pulls directly from the Spreadsheets (content or styling) seems to convey. It's only the actual article that the widget is pulling from Google Docs that never makes it. And I have ensured the provided php file was included and is confirmed on my server in the main directory with my .html files.

5. wingshot

wingshot Member

@DjHerold I've finally got it working. Not sure what I missed, but I did a new html export and upload and must've grabbed something I overlooked before.

6. gestyle

gestyle Member

Hey Guys,

I drop these few lines here in the hope you might provide us a video-tutorial focussing on “How to get an Article Connect Widget working in a Surreal CMS environment”.

I’m currently not sure If this would work. The idea behind it is to create standard templates for future pages. So each time I need a new page, I could grab the right template required.

As ever, watching a process is often such a time-saver…

One more thing: in your collaboration with SURREAL CMS, it would be amazing if you could bring the developer-team to re-think the concept and work on a dynamic CMS-Structure. With a switch panel, in order to prompt which templates and pages should behave statically :confused: or dynamically o_O. Kind of a big deal I presume, but quite mighty at the end, I think…

:)

G

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
  7. John DIGITAL

John DIGITAL Member

Hi

Unless I am missing something is there an option to select which text/image is share on social media when using the sharing buttons?

I had tried deleting all the Open Graph data from the page but it will either show the correct link but no description or image ?

Also the search function seems to be missing from the current package.

Any ideas ?

8. DjHerold

All, if I could ask, please place any new questions in a new post.
    Since this widget is no longer in beta, these posts may not be seen by the support team as often.
    If you find that your answers are not being found through other users, you can always place a support ticket at resources - contact us.
    Thank you.
    Dj

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.