Article Connect - Feedback & Requests Thread

Discussion in 'Connect - CSV Widgets' started by Steve Harris, Jan 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. @gekjr

@gekjr Active Member

@Brandon Any idea if the team will be able to fix the photo not wrapping issues for mobile? When make a post and have photos in the body it's not resizing for mobile.

2. Donna

Donna Member

3. Donna

Donna Member

@gekjr I got the border to go away by using the old Presets template and inserting line 17 title_alignment moving the cells down.

4. Mattexdj

Mattexdj Member

I was really interested in this widget but after watching the video it seems to add more steps than I already make now when I want to publish pages to my Muse site? I am not keen on the use of too much coding etc, and I can see this being more hassle for me than it is worth at this stage. I run a music event website and initially thought that this widget would solve some of the issues with regular updates to my website.

5. atelierlukes

atelierlukes New Member

I have the same problem. Do not have the old presets file anymore. Does anybody know how do I get rid of these borders? I can't find any option in the presets to influence this. I experience this issue only since the v3 was released. Schermafbeelding 2017-02-09 om 16.04.30.png

carlosjtj likes this.
  6. carlosjtj

carlosjtj New Member

I have the same problem and I not have the old presets file anymore. I need HELP! :(

7. @gekjr

@gekjr Active Member

@Donna Using the version 3 or version 2 template. It's a little frustrating this is not in notes.

carlosjtj likes this.
  8. david.bustos

david.bustos New Member

Hi there. The same issue here, some solution? Also, social bottons doesn't appear. I changed some lines in the presets file and it seems doesn't work.

Attached Files:

carlosjtj likes this.
  9. BurntCalc

BurntCalc New Member

carlosjtj likes this.
  10. BurntCalc

BurntCalc New Member

I may have fixed this! In the TOP LINE of your presets, there is a MISPRINT. The very first column says: a | mt_option_value | notes
    Change "a" to "mt_blog_option"

Your first column should read like this: mt_blog_option | mt_option_value | notes

That should fix all issues!

atelierlukes likes this.
  11. Jeremei

Jeremei Well-Known Member

BurntCalc!
    You have hawk´s eyes, thank you very much. It seems to work after this fixing. :)

12. david.bustos

david.bustos New Member

Great, it works! Thank you so much!

13. carlosjtj

carlosjtj New Member

Not work for me :( still with borders

14. @gekjr

@gekjr Active Member

15. Jeremei

Carlos!
    1. Empty caches
    2. Switch off your browser
    3. Switch on your browser
    4. Check one more time that you have in Presets sheet (V3) "leading_item_border_color" transparent (look at the screenshot)

Article_Connect_-_Presets-Beat3.png

carlosjtj likes this.
  16. carlosjtj

carlosjtj New Member

I did everything you said and still with this borders, I don't know why??? I hate this borders
    news.png

17. Jeremei

Carlos!
    1. I downloaded the newest Article Connect widget ("MT - Toolbox - CSV - Article Connect - Beta v3).
    2. After that I opened "CSV Files - Local)
    3. After that I opened "Article Connect - Presets.csv" -file in Numbers (I have Mac). As you can see there is an error on line one, there is no text in column one (look at the screenshot).
    Article_Connect_-_Presets.png
    4. After that I wrote the right text ("mt_blog_option") to column one (look at the screenshot)
    Article_Connect_-_Presets-Beat3 2.png
    5. After that I exported the fixed Presets-sheet in csv-format to original folder.
    6. After that I added the fixed Presets-sheet to Article Connect widget and the "bug" was fixed.

If you have made all above mentioned actions and you still have borders so I recommend to send a support ticket to MT.

18. Brandon

Brandon Widgetsman Staff Member Advisory Group

Hey Everyone,

My apologies. That Column A label was changed in error on the master spreadsheet, which really messed things up. I've updated the label on the master Presets sheet, as well as the local CSV file.

Beta v4 is now the live version, and the spreadsheet change is the difference between v3 and v4.

Regards,

19. Rick Narvarte

Rick Narvarte Member

Love this widget, guys! For what we are trying to do with it, it's going to be such a time saver.

One question I have is that I've created an article in Google Doc and the widget is pulling the content from that easily. The question is formatting. There are parts of the article where italics are used for words in the middle of a paragraph but they are not shown in the final article. I know I can do it by using an html document but our workflow is that the writers would just write their articles in Google Docs and then we'd take care of publishing it up to the blog page. I have volunteers who may not have the html skillz needed to do this (I'd also like to skip that extra step of the html formatting site).

Finally, I'd like to define some other styles as well, but am not sure how to define css within this widget to emphasize things like pull-out quotes.

Any help would be appreciated!

20. 360 Creative

360 Creative Member

Hey Guys
    Article Connect...great widget and page looks great...however I have an issue with a client as when they click read more and article displays correct they then go to publish to Facebook and it shows the url link but the FB display is the meta description thats entered in the page properties and therefore its the same for every article they wish to post to FB. Twitter for example is fine.
    Any solution to this or is there something in the presets.
    I have since removed the description in page properties and changed the page title but no difference
    Now I have also re indexed that page with google with description removed.
    Need help here

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.