Article Connect - Feedback & Requests Thread

Discussion in 'Connect - CSV Widgets' started by Steve Harris, Jan 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alonzo

Alonzo Member

That fixed it. I figured I was missing something, and all I had to do was publish it. Thanks @Brandon!

2. Brandon

Brandon Widgetsman Staff Member Advisory Group

Hey @matt-target

The linked leading images option is in the content spreadsheet, column I (mt_content_leading_linked_img). It's just an enable/disable setting.

Regarding the bullet points, that is something that Muse is hijacking when the code is exported. Muse resets all list elements then reapplies styling to the individual divs of lists you create within muse. I've discussed this with our devs, and it sounds like we can update the widget with a basic browser default list styling to apply to <li> elements within our content. In other words, we should be able to fix it ;)

Cheers,

3. @gekjr

@gekjr Active Member

Thanks for the response @Steve Harris, the video piece is still a challenge on mobile. I know is beta and a fix will happen. I'm having issues adding a post beyond the four that come with the widget. All my entries check out.

4. Donna

Donna Member

Regarding "The linked leading images option is in the content spreadsheet, column I (mt_content_leading_linked_img). It's just an enable/disable setting."
    The spreadsheet template with the download of v2 didn't change, it's the same version dated 1/10/2017 from v1, which has column I as "mt_content_leading_img_visibility". There is no column stating what you mention.

5. Chewbacca

Chewbacca New Member

Hi there,

You mention you have added css support for google doc images, but the images on my blog posts are not scaling? looks bad on mobile, is there a fix for this??

Thanks a lot, great widget!

6. BenF

BenF New Member

Hello,
    Thanks for the great widget!

Question: How do I get the full article to open in a new page/tab? (i.e. the user clicks "Read More" and the story opens in a different page/tab).

7. @gekjr

@gekjr Active Member

Hey @Steve Harris @Brandon, I'd like to make a request to have the read more button take readers to an external link.

They are time when our User Group post are Curated from our sponsors, and we just want to post a bit of leading content text and have the read more link out. File_000.jpeg

8. Donna

Donna Member

I would like to request the read more button take readers to an external link too! I host a blog with several different categorie homepages and some posts could fit in more than one category. I'd like to list those posts on each category page without having to have duplicate posts for each widget (Google hates duplicate pages).

9. @gekjr

@gekjr Active Member

@Brandon, I suspect I'm using the wrong sheet. I don't see that option to link leading image. (mt_content_leading_linked_img).

10. Natale

Natale New Member

I dont know if I'm in the right place, or if anyone can answer these questions. Is there a way to get the videos to not play full screen? Its important that we can see the alt text at all times and once the video starts playing it blows up full screen and covers the area where the alt text or description is listed.

Also, is there another way to get the thumbnails to come right from vimeo, instead of having to place my own?

Other than these questions, im LOVING this widget.

11. Alonzo

Alonzo Member

I love the social sharing buttons! It's looking great!
    I have been impressed with this widget so far, however I have had to edit a bit of CSS and I added some custom JS to get it to work the way that I wanted it to. Although that is not a problem for me I'm excited to see this progress to accommodate more things like having the Read More anchor link to an external / different URL like @gekjr mentioned.
    I also look forward to a simpler way to create the posts by automating some things like the leading text and slug. I made a function to auto-generate the leading text in the Google Sheet that works fairly well by getting the first 150 characters of the full text and adding some dots:
    Code:
    =CONCAT(LEFT($M2,150),"&hellip;</p>")
    I also made a function for the slug that looks rather ugly, but it's been working for me so far:
    Code:
    =LOWER(SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE($B2,"&",""),"""",""),",","")," / ","-"),"/","")," ","-"))
    Also more pagination styling control would be nice.

12. PatrickCarroll

PatrickCarroll Member

Hi Kevin, I have tried to replicate the split screen layout but I'm left with a black box under the image in column 1, this is the 'Read more' button without the text, how can I remove or amend this issue. See attachment. Thanks

Attached Files:

13. PatrickCarroll

PatrickCarroll Member

Hi guys,

I'm receiving an error message 'If you are using Google Docs as the full content source, you must run Article Connect on PHP supported server' when publishing the site live(doesn't happen in test). I have contact the host provider who state they can't see any issue and to check with Google, the keys are fine for both content and preset sheets. Any idea where to go next?

Attached Files:

14. Alonzo

Alonzo Member

Is there any way I can prevent the articles from auto-scrolling to the top of the post content?

Eml and Donna like this.
  15. Brandon

Hey All,

Article Connect Beta v3 is ready. Download here: https://www.muse-themes.com/products/article-connect

Bug Fixes
    • Fixed subtitle font weight setting
    • Fixed issue with images responsiveness in article content body area

Enhancements

• Added list style support for full post content (bullet lists, numbered lists, etc)
    • Added alignment option for Title text (Left, Center, RIght)
    • Added Responsive sizing control of images to Google Docs
    • Added leading content readmore target options (open in new window, same window)

16. @gekjr

@gekjr Active Member

Okay, I just want to say. @Brandon @Steve Harris and the MuseThemes crew, you're loved. Thanks for giving me the open in new window request

17. Brandon

@gekjr, @Alonzo, @Natale, @Donna - I have made note of your requests above. We'll see what we can do!

Hi @BenF, This was added to the beta v3, look for column S in the Content Spreadsheet.

18. @gekjr

@gekjr Active Member

@Brandon Do you know what's going on with the bordering around the blog post. I'm looking at the present, but don't see a setting to turn it off.[​IMG]

carlosjtj likes this.
  19. @gekjr

@gekjr Active Member

@Brandon Can a link be added to the read more button for linking out?

20. Donna

Donna Member

I see you removed mt_content_title_slug. How do we customize the slug? Many of my titles are too long.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.