Article Connect - Feedback & Requests Thread

Discussion in 'Connect - CSV Widgets' started by Steve Harris, Jan 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeremei

Jeremei Well-Known Member

Steve!
    Online magazine sites need also this kind of pagination feature (look at the image), more beautiful than the present one in the widget! Can you please create it, thank you! :)

pagination.jpg

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
    Haneadino likes this.
  2. timcampbell

timcampbell Member

...One more question, is there also an attachment for this widget that could be used to display a content preview on the home page?

Haneadino likes this.
  3. Chewbacca

Chewbacca New Member

Hi Guys

Great Article Connect widget.. But just wondering why the leading images don't
    appear on the mobile? if you shrink your screen they stay but when you actually
    access the blog via mobile they don't show up? go to this link:

https://earp.com.au/blog

And also, when I add images in a google doc to go along with the text etc, the
    images arent responsive, they stay large and it stuffs up the phone version of
    this widget. Meaning the screen is super wide on the phone because the images
    don't scale... You can see this in any of my blog posts when you access it on a
    phone or desktop. All the text scales but not images

Thanks heaps for your help.

4. jill bascome

jill bascome New Member

Perfect timing....about to start sports news site...but they have a lot of video and will continue to shoot sports video, will I be able to add youtube/vimeo videos using the google spreadsheet as with the csv gallery?

5. Jeremei

Jeremei Well-Known Member

Brandon!
    There is no feature for full_content_padding on the preset sheet (MT Themes - Two Column Sidebar)? Margins are too close edges on tablets and mobile phones (768 px >> downwards). Would you please add full_content_padding to preset sheets, thank you! :)

6. Brandon

Brandon Widgetsman Staff Member Advisory Group

Hey All,

Article Connect Beta v2 is ready! Download here: https://www.muse-themes.com/products/article-connect

Bug Fixes:
    • Fixed Search placeholder parameter
    Enhancements:
    • Added Scroll to top function when opening full post
    • Added Linked leading images option
    • Added responsive css support for iframe, object, and embed elements
    • Added responsive css support for Google Doc post images

Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
  7. Devin

Devin Member

I think we need to do a better job at the navigation. The tiny page numbers at the bottom are easily missed.

Damian Cooper likes this.
  8. Alonzo

Alonzo Member

Maybe I'm just missing something, but I can't seem to get it to work with Google Sheets.
    I even tried uploading the site to see if the localhost part was the issue, and got the same error.
    Any ideas why? I'll probably just use a local CSV for now, but I would really like to use Google Sheets.

9. and_aas

and_aas New Member

Hi, I think it will be more easy to understand and to set options if the current CSV Presets change to a widget of muse too, i don't know if every one think like that, but clients don't need to change or set these options, we build the website and when the job is finished, the client just want insert a picture, a title, tell a story or a news, and maybe more photos, this is the perfect background for clients, leave the presets options for us designers, inside Muse.

10. Jesse

Jesse Well-Known Member

R
    If you have a ton of websites and the widget keeps updating (which it will) do you want to be redoing every setting on every page? It does take a little bit of getting used to but you will be glad once you get the hang of it. I don't give my clients the google sheet presets....just the content.

and_aas likes this.
  11. Paul

Paul New Member

RSS Feed Integration

Would love an RSS Feed Intergraton if possible?

It sort of possible with Tumblr but would love it to come from my website instead?

12. Brandon

Hi @Alonzo

How did you go about uploading/publishing?

Thanks,

13. Brandon

Hi @and-aas,

Jesse touched on this a bit in his reply, but there was a lot of thought that went into setting things up like they are with the presets and content spreadsheets. They are split into separate sheets so that you can hand off the content spreadsheet to the client, as you mention, to change the picture, title, story, etc, while you hold onto the presets sheet as the designer. And the idea of having as many options in the spreadsheets as possible (vs having the same settings in the widget option panel) is to have the least possible reliance on opening up Muse and republishing a site every time you want to make a small change. With the spreadsheet system, the more options that are in the spreadsheets, the more easily you can remote-manage your websites without having to open Muse.

Hope that helps!

and_aas likes this.
  14. and_aas

and_aas New Member

Got it tks :)

15. Alonzo

Alonzo Member

I published via FTP, but I thought it would work just previewing the page in the browser without publishing it.

16. Alonzo

Alonzo Member

A bug I noticed, the "subtitle_font_weight" value in the presets CSV gets applied to a second "font-family" instead of "font-weight".
    See attached image.

Attached Files:

17. Brandon

Hey Alonzo,

Forgive me if I'm repeating things you already know here, but thought I would hit on a few points:

• Any time you're using "Google Docs" as the setting in column L in the content spreadsheet, you have to publish to a non Business Catalyst host (GoDaddy, HostGator, etc). You will see an error if you preview in browser locally or publish on BC when column L is not set to HTML. Please see attached screenshot
    • One thing I noticed from your post is that the keys you used are the same as the default keys in the widget. Once you load up the spreadsheet, you will want to make a copy, then publish it to the web as CSV. Once you do this, you will have a different URL for your new spreadsheet, and in turn, a new key.
    Hopefully some of this was helpful. We can probably look a little deeper if you've got a live URL you're able to share.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

Alonzo likes this.
  18. Brandon

Thanks for pointing that out!

19. Andrea Kovach

Andrea Kovach New Member

I think it would be good to add at the bottom of each article, a listing of the other posts in a smaller formatted way, like: "More from me" and then list the recent blog posts.

Overall great work!

20. matt-target

matt-target New Member

Great widget, can't wait to see what potential it has. You mentioned the updates but for the life of me I can't see find where you activate the 'Added Linked leading images option'? Am I missing something obvious? I downloaded the V2 widget assuming it would just be active?
    Also in agreement with Paul about an RSS Feed Integration if possible? This would help marketing and automated email campaigns off the back of the feed.

In addition how do you get bullet lists in articles? When I use the html editor it has bullet points in but when I view it online they disappear, many thanks.

Keep up the amazing work guys!

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.