Aligning to browser edges

Discussion in 'General Muse' started by Lee_S, May 20, 2016.

1. Lee_S

Lee_S Member

Hi guys

I've read some other users with similar questions but since they were all a bit old topics I thought maybe muse fixed this issues in their later releases.

How can I align something to the browser window edges, just like pinning BUT NOT pinning, since this makes it sticky. I want it scrollable like any other content. Just aligned to the far edge of browsers, irrespective of the browser window size.

I tried messing with the response "pin" direction, but it still sticks to the actual page size setting you set up initially.

Thanks
    Lee

2. Jeremei

Jeremei Well-Known Member

Lee!
    Do you mean "Align" feature?
    Go to "Window" and select "Align".
    Add images, text, etc. on the blank page and test "Align" features.

Lee_S likes this.
  3. Lee_S

Lee_S Member

yes i mean align.
    I know about the align window/tab feature, but that aligns the item only to the edge of the page and not to the edge of the browser
    (by default Muse create new page around 960 pixels, but user's resolution vary from 1280 upto 4k)

I still thank you for the help tho

4. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Lee, you might want to try using a container that can be set to 'stretch to browser width, or placing your item inside an object such as a state button (using it as an empty container), and setting it to stretch to browser width.
    If you have an example of what you're looking to design like, share a link and we can see if there's a specific solution.
    Thanks
    Dj

Sarah likes this.
  5. asifnm

asifnm Well-Known Member

If you want to have say an image stay on the left (or right) of the browser then all you do is place it there and make sure that you have the two chevrons at the top of the breakpoint set to expand, this way anything placed on the edge will be displayed there, whether it's text, box or image.

6. DjHerold

asifnm, that is a great tip, and can be pretty useful. One this that has kept it from being the end all for nailing things to the browsers edges, is it can be (just something to remember) a bit buggy. At least in the current version. Sometimes it will let thing go (so to speak) and they will come "unpinned" on their own.
    Having said that, thanks for bringing it up.
    Dj

7. Lee_S

Lee_S Member

thanks for your input guys, will try your tips and let you know how it turns out, with some samples too so that you could understand better what i mean. meanwhile thanks again

8. Tonny

Tonny New Member

Hi

I am having the same problem. I have a responsive design and a page width of 1366, with maximum fixed as it acts strange when I add open >>.
    On the top menu I have a logo which appears to the far left, when watched on a 1920 screen. This is done by pinning to top left corner.

Now I want my footer also to be stretched to far left of the browser, meaning outside my 1366 page width. If I pin it by using the lower left pin it will show up in the page and not in the footer (similar to what is explained above).

If I use "turn on pin to the left/center right of page or container it will only align left to the max page width, 1366, and as such not left to 1920.

I have worked on an alternative where I have a breakpoint to 1920 and then make the master page in this, but seems odd so anyone having a better suggestion?

Thanks

9. DjHerold

Tonny, do you have your footer box checked (top of Muse bar) ?
    Dj

10. Tonny

Tonny New Member

thanks Dj,, yes have footer checked