Solved Agent ETA - PLEASE

Discussion in 'General Muse' started by Jimmy Miller, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Jeremei

Jeremei Well-Known Member

Ugur, well-understandable and well-argumented opinion from the business point of view which is bringing bread to our tables! :(

2. Jimmy Miller

Jimmy Miller Member

What are you talking about? SEO enhancement was an announced feature of AGENT.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2016
  3. Jimmy Miller

Jimmy Miller Member

Am I missing it or has there been zero update in close to three months? And not a single related widget released.

What's up?

4. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Jimmy, I have reached out to Steve to see if there is anything new since his response (in this post on July 28th) in a different thread....http://forum.musethemes.com/threads/adobe-muse-future.1586/
    If so, I'm sure he will comment with what he can.
    if you would like, you can also place a support ticket with your concerns (support>contact us).
    As always, if I hear anything, I will pass it along.
    Dj

5. Steve Harris

Steve Harris Museologist Staff Member Moderator

Hey Ugur,

Thanks for the note - DJ passed this along to me so I could respond. I'll try and address your points in the note above.

At the moment Agent is still under development, but we don't have a firm timeline. Our first version of it wasn't successful (we hit a roadblock in the late stages) and our solution to bypass that obstacle wasn't acceptable in my mind. So we went back to the drawing board with the whole project.

Our next version is looking good, but we're very apprehensive to make the same mistake we did the first time. That mistake was announcing it before we were 100% confident is was working as we imagined it. So with this version, we'll ensure it's perfect before putting anything out publicly. I can't give a certain date because that's just not possible (and very risky). We've removed our blog post and Agent landing page so we aren't misleading any new users.

I can really appreciate the situation you're in. It's horrible to tell your clients something is coming, and then not be able to back that up shortly after - you know we made this mistake first hand (and it sounds like you're in the same situation with your clients).

A major factor for us is that we're a small team, and we need to spread our development hours between new products, bug fixes and major projects (like Agent). If we could shut down smaller widget development and bug fixes for a month and focus solely on Agent, we could likely get it out the door much faster. But keep in mind our members represent many different levels of Muse user, from beginner to advanced (and Agent would be targeted more towards advanced users). Widgets that you may consider minor could be a big deal to a novice Muse user.

I'm certainly not making excuses here, rather trying to give you some insight into why we're taking our time on it and how we split our development team up. There is a list of our product release / updates here (http://www.muse-themes.com/pages/support) and it includes 24 updates or new releases since June 1st. We've been really trying to add immense value to MuseThemes members, and our team is working around the clock to make sure your money is well spent.

As soon as I have a firm timeline that I can commit to, I will absolutely share it here. We're not trying to hide anything, just avoid making the same mistake we made last time. My team and I feel terrible we didn't deliver on our last Agent timeline, and we are sincerely sorry if it put you into a tough spot with your clients.

Thanks again for supporting MT!
    SH

p.s. I'm still going to think of you as a friend...

Uğur Bıyık likes this.
  6. Uğur Bıyık

Uğur Bıyık Member

Thanks for the reply. That two paragraphs that i quote explains all things to me.

We will be, (I will be) waiting for Agent patiently.

But may be a beta version for the people who wants to troubleshoot the widget can be published before the actual release date.

If it helps of course... MT community will be happy to participate your efforts.

I'm very happy and relieved after this post. May be MT stuff should use forum and blog as daily or weekly updates. Just small talks about the things you do or the future projects... A friendly conversation and feedback place. A place where you can just say "hi, this week we're doing this...". just like facebook or a beloved tumblr page.

That would solve so many problems.

don't forget, we love and trust you.

thanks.

p.s. I guess friendship and to be the sides of a commerce deal are different paths that can be walked together. We can be your trusted friends and at the same time strict, no-nonsense sides of a trade relationship. Nature of business and friendship is different after all.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
  7. uncagedcreative

uncagedcreative Active Member

Yes, please, keep up your efforts on Agent! I have been using Mumblr with many clients and having many problems with it and tumblr since, I need a solution for the future and Agent is my best bet. Muse Themes is my best bet, I'm counting on you guys! :) Thanks!

8. Martin Ingram

Martin Ingram New Member

Hi,

Have we got any further with Agent? I see that Musegain have their own version of wordpress integration 'musexpress'. Your work is always better than theirs! I would rather wait for yours than subscribe to theit plan. Would just like to know that its on the way in the near future?

9. Uğur Bıyık

Uğur Bıyık Member

They've got issues on payment... They accept only PayPal and looks like they are very adamant on it... And thats a problem for some countries. I don't like a site that is not customer friendly...

Btw, they've released v2.0 for their integration. That makes me sad for some reason. There is a solution for all of my problems and i can not get it...

Please guys, please give us Agent...

10. Mike Valkanet

Mike Valkanet Well-Known Member

1. Blog (With multiple categories)
    2. Restricted pages
    3. CMS

We need a way to back up the blog!!!!! I don't trust anything or anyone to not loose a file. I've had PSD's and AI files randomly get corrupted and I need to manually back up a whole website every few months. Something to consider.

I'd rather wait and have it be fully tested.

11. Uğur Bıyık

Uğur Bıyık Member

wow. months has passed by and no Agent on horizon...

I guess you dropped it.

12. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Ugur, Steve Harris speaks to this back in our October Blog post https://www.muse-themes.com/blogs/news/member-update-october-2016
    There are other ideas in that vein in the blog post on Surreal CMS a month or so ago.
    We have decided to go with our newest series of widgets call the 'Connect' series. we already have a few out and are quite popular.
    Always be sure to check our blog and the Contact Us page (under Resources) for ongoing updates and news.
    Thanks
    Dj