Solved Agent ETA - PLEASE

Discussion in 'General Muse' started by Jimmy Miller, Apr 9, 2016.

1. asifnm

asifnm Well-Known Member

Blog, without a shadow of doubt. But it's got to be a useable blog system, posts on any page of a site, post aggregator. The ability to change font: size, colour of text. A Client should be able to add content, images, text (and being able to format it).

Whatever there is needs to work and it needs to happen soon.

2. Levi Jones

Levi Jones Active Member

Anything better than in browser editing for clients!
    Also, I totally agree with everything that @Jeremei covered.

3. wesm12

wesm12 Member

No matter when you guys release Agent, I am sure it will a superior product like you always have. I am excited as well too, but I am patient. I would rather see a product late and working, than early and full of bugs. Keep up the great work and I do admit, that your Muse products are some of the best out there.

4. Twisk

Twisk Member

The main things I'm hoping for is blogging with pagination along with controlling the amount of articles that can appear on a page, and controlling the amount of text shown in an article before seeing a 'read more' button would be perfect.

Restricted pages would be awesome.

Assuming this would be like Joomla or Wordpress where we can log-in via a browser and start creating articles, adding images, etc., would be perfect if the editor contained a drag and drop interface for adding in images.

5. Nick Maddox

Nick Maddox New Member

Steve...

Thanks a ton for the update. I think all of us here know all too well that nothing in the development world EVER gets finished on time, there are constant trial and errors, and pushing back release dates happen 99.99% of the time. Keep at it, and make it great. We're happy as long as we are updated! As for features... everything I've seen in the posts above from other members I think would be awesome additions. I know this is a long shot, but if there could be a simple way to include a database management system for user membership/subscription/access/personal information applications then I think you'd have something AMAZING on your hands. Also, be mindful of ways we can use Adobe Muse to create native phone apps. Maybe a way to incorporate AGENT with Adobe PhoneGap Build or something similar? Conversion of Adobe Muse HTML pages to .php files for content management through WordPress (you've got competitors out there on this one already so heads up:)

Love the site, service and all the offerings. Keep up the great work!

6. Jeremei

Jeremei Well-Known Member

Steve!
    I appreciate your honesty and transparency, but our new and old customers have asked us:
    1. What are the new features of Agent we are able to provide to them?
    2. What is the schedule?
    I have not been able to answer those two questions, so I have to move the issue to TM-team?

7. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Jeremei, thank you for your concern but I think Steves email and post on the site says all that can be explained for now. When there is any change, one of us at MT will post as soon as possible.
    Thanks
    Dj

Levi Jones likes this.
  8. Jeremei

Jeremei Well-Known Member

Oukki doukki, thank you Dj.

9. asifnm

asifnm Well-Known Member

One thing I have learnt is never make promises based on a third parties schedule. I will never tell a client that the software I am using will have an update soon with such and such feature. Once it is released and I have tested it fully only then will I tell a client or prospective client about it.

Steve Harris and Levi Jones like this.
  10. Levi Jones

Levi Jones Active Member

@asifnm I totally agree. Things happen. even in the design process that we don't expect. I would never market a product before I have it, but I made the same mistake before I learned this.

Just think guys - If MT is investing as much time as they have into this product, it is definitely going to be an outstanding product, as always. I know it's hard to be patient. I am just as excited to play with this as you guys, but things do take time. That is one thing that a lot of non-developers don't understand. It's one thing that makes Muse so great! I used to invest 15-30 hours into coding a website that takes me 6-10 hours to build and launch in Muse. Just be patient. :)

ClagsDesign likes this.
  11. ClagsDesign

ClagsDesign Member

Hey DjHerold - I'm new here to the Muse-Themes Forums. So far it's great to be here, but I have a question about Agent. If I start up a web design now using the latest repsonsive templates here on Muse-Themes, will these templates be compatible with Agent without any issues? Is it possible? I have to begin layouts for my client. Am I better off just showsing laouts built out of photoshop and focus on the overall concept and theme to allow time for Agent to be released? My client is aware that I intend to use your 3rd party software Agent for the production of their web site. Thanks in advance! - Dave Claghorn

12. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Dave, At this time I do not know to what extent or what will be included in Agent. So, it's difficult to give any advise.
    If you haven't already, please read our statement on Agent in the customer support area under 'Contact Us'.
    Dj

ClagsDesign likes this.
  13. ClagsDesign

ClagsDesign Member

14. Susanna Affentranger

Susanna Affentranger New Member

Well, I am not quite sure if you have these things already built into the CMS, but I just post my "wishlist" anyway:

1. My clients want to be able to add pages themselves, if possible even update the navigation
    2. Until now my clients could only update the galleries through Adobe's Inbrowser-editing and they all complained about the long loading times and how it is not easy to use. They would like to not only replace images, but also ADD new images and captions without ruining the whole page
    3. My clients want to make simple text changes (f.e. a restaurant) so they can update their daily menus. They miss formatting-features, such as making text bold, italic or change the text size or font. It would be great if the CMS would be able to pull in the paragraph styles and give them a drop down menu to choose from (or something similar, so the text fits to the rest of the website)
    4. My clients want to have areas which are only accessible for their clients or resellers.
    5. It would be great if I could create multiple layouts my clients could choose from to later create a new page and fill it with content themselves. I fear that if they have too much of the design their self created sites will optically "downgrade" the rest of the website which was made professionally.
    6. Maybe a Preview while they're editing and "Undo" Function or "Return to old Version" would be not too bad either.
    7. It would be great, that if they could update the text or photos also on the tablet or mobile version, if they don't have a responsive site but a website with alternate layouts. It would be great, if the text was synced automatically, when the text was added to the "Content" Panel of Muse.
    8. What also would be great is: If future Muse Themes came "CMS-ready" with master pages for the CMS and not only responsive, but also alternate layouts. I struggle with the limitations that come with responsive design (such as missing scroll effects, etc.) and would like to see also in future alternate layouts together with the responsive layout (or at least until Adobe fixes the responsive stuff to make it fully functional and we can design without compromise).
    9. Ability to update the page descriptions, alt-text for images and keywords in the meta so that they can tweak on the SEO themselves.
    10. People ask often for a simple blog where they can add news to the website.

I think for now that's all I've got and sorry for the long list ahaha. For now the most important ones are: Nr. 1, 2, 3 and 10.

Steve Harris and ClagsDesign like this.
  15. asifnm

asifnm Well-Known Member

I see that there is demand for clients being able to add pages etc. I think what we have to remember is that giving too much control to a client sets up the website to becoming less your design and more of the clients. In wordpress and other cms clients are notorious for basically ruining the design of the website and I have seen this personally in the past when in the end I ended up removing the site (wordpress) from my portfolio due to the client changing it to such an extent that I felt almost ashamed to lay claim to it. Being able to add images and text and being able to format text is good, giving control of headers and footers is just asking for trouble.

NNoBoDY and Susanna Affentranger like this.
  16. Susanna Affentranger

Susanna Affentranger New Member

I agree and I have the same worries, but they pay for a product and they want it to be theirs. If they can't get a CMS, they often go to the competition where they can do with "their" site whatever they want. I had to start offering free changes for minor updates, so that they don't feel too restricted and tied down to the webdesigner.

Also with inbrowser-editing I encountered a lot of issues with 3rd party widgets (especially captions in galleries etc.) where they ruined their whole layout - which is exactly why a "return to last version"-button wouldn't be a stupid idea, so they can reverse it and seek professional help again lol. I think it just really requires clear communication, that just being able to make changes doesn't mean they are automatically professional webdesigners too.

Maybe it's not a bad idea to keep the original design for your portfolio and host it on business catalyst, where the design is left untouched and with a link to the actual site in use? Because I really don't think restricting my clients just for the sake of my portfolio is the way to go.

Cheers and regards from Amsterdam,

Suzy

17. NNoBoDY

NNoBoDY Member

- cms for clients
    - login area / for the sites for costumers or their costumers example a fitness site with login area for paying costumers to use like the setmore booking system for group work out so a troll cant just book out times and fill the scheduled plan so its an empty class one got
    - user management
    - restricted pages
    - media gallery
    - aggregator
    - commeting
    - blog
    o,O now u are at it why not something like forum possibilities xD can just think big from the start right

Last edited: Aug 6, 2016
  18. NNoBoDY

NNoBoDY Member

why should the client have SEO enhancements ?? its you there are standing as the creator and if they end up sitting there and mess it more up wouldnt u bee annoyed that your work ended up way down in the bottom ?

but a by the side seo enhancement for our controle im in with

19. Jon Kay

Jon Kay Active Member

Is there a list of what Agent CMS is supposed to do?

20. Uğur Bıyık

Uğur Bıyık Member

o.k.

lots of weeks and months have passed away since you announced Agent. If i'm correct MT published 2 or 3 widgets in this time period. Minor widgets but they are very, very cool, i admit. But...

Let's be serious... We all need CMS for Muse. We can't ignore that. We don't need animated menu buttons or full screen heros more than a CMS. And you've told us that you're gonna give us one. WE WERE HAPPY.

This month i renewed my subscription. i could cancel it... but i told myself "i trust those guys, they did awesome things so far, and they will release that damm thing soon. I won't cancel my subscription" and i know lots of your members have hopes like that.

A few months ago i have posted another comment on Agent. And you've deleted it. I need to tell the same things again even if there is a chance that you will delete this post too.

I love MT, you are a great deal for Muse users around the world, but this is a trade. An international serious trade. Even if i love and trust MT that doesn't make me your friend. I am your paid member. And you've told me that you're going to give me a product, and you haven't so far. I can not tell my customers one thing and make them wait for several months. That's cruel. They will cancel my contract right away.

I understand this is not a perfect world. Anything can happen. May be one of your members that works on Agent said, "frag it, i'm not gonna do this" and disappeared. And that loss posted the release date to a further time. I can relate to that. Or there is a license issue with MuseGain (since they've released a wordpress integration suit like agent) or wordpress. I don't know. Anything can happen. I can understand that.

But...

You need to give us at least a date. Tell us "one year or a month or two years. But give us a certain date.
    Or tell us "Guys Agent won't happen, let's move on".

i will be very happy to hear one of them. Positive or negative, it doesn't matter.

thanks.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2016