Solved Agent ETA - PLEASE

Discussion in 'General Muse' started by Jimmy Miller, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Jimmy Miller

Jimmy Miller Member

Doesn't have to be exact... but in terms of development this will be a game changer for me and a few of my clients. So we're waiting. Ready to pounce. But we're now a week and a half from the big fancy announcement, and not a peep more about it. So I'm not sure how to proceed.

I know you can't say for certain, but for the sake of all of us on the edge of our seats... can a moderator or someone official at least say if it's a matter of days, weeks, or months??

Just ball park it so we can plan accordingly.

You guys are awesome and I love what you're doing - but someone please say something!

Thanks.

Sarah likes this.
  2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Jimmy, I am really not in the loop for the official time frame, but I do know that it's still in the early testing stages.
    There is still finishing that, and the additional Beta testing that will need to be done.
    Sorry I can't be more specific. I will let the team know of your post though.
    Thanks
    Dj

3. Jimmy Miller

Jimmy Miller Member

Thanks... I appreciate the answer.

The email sent out on March 30 said "After months of work and planning, we're excited to announce Agent"... so if they are still in "early testing stages" that would be really disappointing and that announcement was extremely premature.

I can't imagine they would announce something so "big" if they were still weeks away from even beta testing.

If this is the case, no one should be responding to any issues with "Agent is coming soon", because that's not soon enough for most people dealing with current issues.

I'm going to assume this means several weeks before a true launch. Hopefully I'm wrong!

Zelig likes this.
  4. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Jimmy, I may have used the wrong description when I said "early testing stages". That does make it sound like it's a long way off.
    I should have just said in the "testing stages". I'm confident it won't be long, but I know the team doesn't want to give any kind of a date until they are absolutely positive it can be met.
    Again, sorry for my choice of words.
    Dj

5. Nick Maddox

Nick Maddox New Member

I also have been selling this capability to clients. They are all very excited, as am I :) We are now nearing the end of May, any update? I assumed the testing process would have taken weeks and taken us into final stages and release at the end of this month, but it's been that long and no update. Hoping you guys haven't hit any major snags in the development process that is pushing things back. Let us know! Thanks

6. Jimmy Miller

Jimmy Miller Member

Yes... for the love of God please say something.

The natives are getting restless. It's been nearly two months since the announcement, and nearly a month from the update claiming "within a few weeks". Many of us are taking these statements very seriously, so while we understand if there will be further delays.. We need to know!

7. Steve Harris

Steve Harris Museologist Staff Member Moderator

Hey Guys,

Thanks for your patience - sincere apologies on the delay. We should be better about communicating these things. I'd be restless and curious if I was in your shoes as well.

The truth is Muse can be a nightmare to try and develop "around", and we've had some major delays (obviously). We had to completely rebuild the core of Agent after our initial release to work better with some changes in Muse, and that added many weeks to our dev timeline. These issues were indeed caught in our beta testing, and they were major enough that we had to step way back and change our approach.

I guess our lack of commitment to a public release date is fear of future delays. I think we've gotten around them all now, but we've said that before and things popped up. I expected to release Agent on April 17 - that was our firm deadline, but it's been pushed, and pushed...

So with all that said, we're driving hard to get this out this month (May). If anything major pops up, I'll post another reply on this forum. I'm sorry I can't give a 100% firm delivery date, but it's just too risky.

Thanks
    SH

8. Susanna Affentranger

Susanna Affentranger New Member

Hey Steve

Thanks for the update, it's best appreciated *-*
    Also somewhere around end of May / beginning of June still would be great :D
    We understand that you don't want to release a half-finished product filled with bugs.

Thank you very much for all the great widgets, it's the best! *-*

9. Jimmy Miller

Jimmy Miller Member

Thank you so much for the update. I think we all know how unexpected things can derail the best laid plans, but communication is extremely helpful to all of us who think you guys rock. Good luck!

10. Sarah

Sarah Well-Known Member

You guys rock - thanks so much!

I'm happy to wait for a great product and am adding some serious buffer to your date estimate when communicating with clients. Sorry you encountered a major snafu.

11. asifnm

asifnm Well-Known Member

Never promise a date. It's a simple rule to live by. Yes you have to market something but simply say that you are working on something (A CMS) and then give bits and pieces of information once a week to keep people happy until the release date. There are a lot of people looking forward to this (myself included). The last post on it was waaayyy back and also there is nothing on the home page to say that you are working on this, if (as we all hope) this is a game changer (terrible saying but apt) then it needs to be publicised quite heavily, not hidden away; even though it may not be available for another month.

12. Steve Harris

Steve Harris Museologist Staff Member Moderator

So quick update guys. I played with a new Agent beta today, but I wasn't happy with a major part of it. We had an initial approach that was incredibly flexible, but had to abandon that for a more limited version that would definitely work.

Well I decided I wasn't happy with the limitations (neither was Kevin, our main dev) so we're going to invest some more time and resources into our V1 method. It's just so much better. But with this change, a May release isn't possible.

I'll admit we're taking some heat for this one. We get questions daily through support from users saying we shouldn't have announced it, and that they are leaving us for competitors, we're as bad as Adobe with responsive, etc. I totally understand if that's the case. My response though is that we're trying to build something better than our competitors - something more powerful but simple to use and setup.

Lesson learned though, if I could go back we would have held off our release announcement. Hindsight sure is 20/20. We do really appreciate your patience and understanding.

Well I'm here, can I ask a question? What's the main thing you're hoping Agent will do for you? If we can reduce the features for V1 to get it out sooner, I'd want to make sure we deliver what you need the most. Is it client editing, blogging, etc. - thoughts?

Thanks!
    SH

ClagsDesign likes this.
  13. Jeremei

Jeremei Well-Known Member

Steve!
    Thank you for the update. In my opinion it is best that you will stay in the original announcement concerning Agent features:
    - blogging
    - commenting
    - live search
    - media gallery
    - user management
    - restricted pages
    - aggregator

Levi Jones likes this.
  14. Sarah

Sarah Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update, Steve. What I'm most interested in is:
    #1 SEO friendly blog (no duplicate content) with the usual blog functionality & the ability to force a blog category into a website page
    #2. CMS, but in particular the ability for clients to ADD content & pages, as opposed to mostly replace as set-up in IBE

I could even wait for #2 in a later release of Agent because IBE isn't too horrible (so far, non-technical clients much prefer it to WordPress, which easily befuddles them).

Thank you!

15. mRYellow

mRYellow Member

Thanks Steve. Type your time and live up to the HYPE!

16. berndt

berndt Well-Known Member

Hi Steve,

Here my ranking wishes:

1. Blog
    2. cms for Clients
    3. restricted pages

Keep calm and enjoy the sunshine
    ;-)
    Berndt

Levi Jones and dooalot like this.
  17. john minshall

john minshall Member

For me, two priorities at the moment: Blogging and Client update of text and pictures.

18. ClagsDesign

ClagsDesign Member

Hey Steve and Team MuseThemes -

Thank you for taking the time to update us all.

Just continue to do your best work possible so we all can pass this Agent onto our clients. The sooner the better as my clients are eagerly awaiting this new technology.

1. Blog
    2. CMS for Clients
    3. Restricted Pages

19. thedoodleguy

thedoodleguy New Member

I am hoping for a blogging widget that includes pagination and the ability for users to easily share these blog posts on social networks.

Thanks for the updates so far

Paul :)

20. Jimmy Miller

Jimmy Miller Member

Definitely restricted pages / membership systems, allow clients to update text and images, and SEO enhancements.