Adobe will not further develop Muse!

Discussion in 'General Muse' started by Jeremei, Mar 26, 2018.

1. Jeremei

Jeremei Well-Known Member

Cees Pijnappels likes this.
  2. sqpeg

sqpeg New Member

Wow thanks Jeremei
    Still in shock, will wait and see fallout and what the museTHEMES team have to say..to early for April fools!
    sqpeg

Jack likes this.
  3. Jack

Jack Member

Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
  4. shiznit1994

shiznit1994 New Member

5. Section6

Section6 New Member

It's true! I just received an email confirming this from Adobe about 5min ago! Adobe is also discontinuing Business Catalyst! They can't compete with sites like WIX and WP. I guess that is why Muse-Thems is starting "WOCode". Muse designers are pissed. I know I am! I don't know what the team at Muse Themes will do concerning the development of their product line. I am sure they are all having a meeting about this now.

Jack likes this.
  6. Section6

Section6 New Member

One of the worst decisions ever made by Adobe. If anything, they should have discontinued Dreamweaver

Jack likes this.
  7. Brandon

Brandon Widgetsman Staff Member Advisory Group

Hi Jack,

We haven't deleted any of your comments. Our blog posts receive thousands of spam posts, and therefore we manually read and approve each one that isn't spam. Your posts are live. And regarding being paid off by Adobe? Ummm, no.

Regards,

Jack likes this.
  8. Brandon

@Section6 MuseThemes is continuing the development of new themes, widgets, and everything else for Muse. We have a solid calendar of releases scheduled. Keep in mind that while Adobe will not be updating Muse in the future, the Muse app will continue to be functional. Adobe will also provide tech support for another year, and the Muse installer will be available indefinitely (Adobe Fireworks was phased out 5 years ago, though it can still be downloaded and used today).

Jack likes this.
  9. Jack

Jack Member

Yeah Brandon sorry i removed that! i was just being hasty because i'm really disappointed in Adobe and wish for them to change their minds for at least another year or so!

Thanks and did Muse-Themes try and reach out to the Adobe Muse team to ask why etc?

10. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Jack, I'll leave your last question to Brandon for him to answer, but I do want to share this link with other who see this post. Thanks

Everyone,
    *Our latest article on our Blog page discusses Adobe’s announcement, as well as our plans for the future.* https://www.muse-themes.com/blogs/news/the-final-release-of-adobe-muse

*We appreciate all of your comments and questions! We’re noting each one and are actually putting together a post to offer focused discussion of your most commonly asked questions and concerns. Look out for it in the next day or two on our Blog page.
    Thank you
    Dj

Jack likes this.
  11. Brandon

Hey @Jack, no worries! We understand. I'd like to point out though, in reply to your comment about changing their minds for another year, that you will be able to continue to use Muse. Adobe will provide technical support for the next year. They will not be developing new features for Muse, but in reality, we haven't seen any major updates in more than 2 years since responsive in February 2016. The Muse installer will be available long-term from Adobe. One thing we are suggesting short term is to seek new hosting alternatives if you have sites hosted on Business Catalyst. New sites will not be available beginning in June 2018, and BC will stop hosting existing sites in March of 2020. One thing to keep in mind though is that you can publish over any existing temporary BC sites you have. So we suggest publishing up more soon, if you use BC for temporary testing.

And in regard to reaching out to Adobe Muse, we have maintained a close relationship to Adobe and the Muse team for many years. While we have only recently found out about the end of Muse, we have felt a weakness for a while now. Our plans to explore other options for code-free web design, and create a community for code-free designers started about a year ago. wocode.com is the result of that planning.

Cheers,

12. Brandon

13. Jack

Jack Member

What is the wocode built on php framework wise etc?

Does it produce PHP style sites or just HTML?

Also does my current membership work with wocode or do i pay more?

Thanks

14. New Member 01

New Member 01 Member

That's catastrophic news for all those working with visual design style editing (althougn doesn't surprise me these days), the real problem is what's happening to the modules (Muse-Themes, Musegain, QooQee), because there were blogging system modules, commercial modules, etc.

This would be a question to all of You:

Is there a product which offers free style editing (not just replacing boxes, texts, but also moving them WITHOUT CODE). Of course, I can also arrange it while coding, but nowadays a code-free software is inevitable for doing this. It would be many steps backwards (that Adobe just announced).

The problem is (if You have visual editors) that positions are locked, and can't be moved to another direction without the hassle of source code. (Are there any?)

What will https://wocode.com offer? Will it be able to have automated mail forms, boxes, texts, shapes, photo inserting function, blogging system, webstore system, CMS, etc? Or do they have to start it from scratches? Because, when yes, I don't think many of the developers (visual developers) will have time for that to go back to the beginnings. These are very important questions, because nobody will have time to wait for a year till a blog system, a multimedia widget is released.

Please, try to answer these questions.

My last question is: Is there anything that is a desktop-mode visual website editing software (for Mac or Windows) that can handle free object moving, can integrate blogs and webshops and many widgets (WITHOUT HAVING TO HASSLE with HTML/CSS with colors, sizes).

If there is only an online editor that has these criterias, it is also good.

15. Brandon

We're getting tons of great questions. We posted an article today that may answer your more general questions. In regard to specific technical questions, pricing, customer migration to WOCode, timeline, etc, we've noted your questions and are actually putting together a post to offer focused discussion of your most commonly asked questions and concerns. That article will be found on our Blog page in the next day or two. https://www.muse-themes.com/blogs/news

16. felyne

felyne New Member

17. Brandon