Adobe stops Muse

Discussion in 'General Muse' started by jen_germany, Mar 26, 2018.

Tags:
  1. jen_germany

jen_germany New Member

Jack likes this.
  2. Alan Pritchard

Alan Pritchard New Member

I've just received this email also! Again i too lobe building websites using Muse as its such a great tool to use.

The question is the same above, what other alternatives are there to Muse that are available?

3. Fred Wormsbecher

Fred Wormsbecher New Member

So am I, still don't know why adobe stops with Muse.
    Simple fast and reliable software!

4. Chuck Nigash

Chuck Nigash Active Member

There is no replacement for Muse. Wordpress-type tools are no replacement. There is a converter from Muse to Wordpress, for those who need to transition. https://responsive-muse.com/product/wp-template-converter-membership/

That said, Muse isn't going away on your desktop. Third-party widgets production and availability will be a challenge, though. Spark is not a replacement, and I have always kept my eyes open for any competitor to Muse, like what Affinity is doing in parallel to Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign.

Sad day. Terrible.

5. Virginia Bledsoe

Virginia Bledsoe New Member

Trying to figure out how to explain this to my clients.
    I also do Wordpress sites using Divi. It's not as good as Adobe Muse, but is an alternative for people who do not code.

Jack likes this.
  6. Chuck Nigash

7. Chuck Nigash

Muse could improve. But we have a great app, great 3rd party widgets and I don't see how this is a showstopper for at least 3-4 years when a must-have feature or trend leads us away from the software.

Jack likes this.
  8. Jack

Jack Member

9. Jack

Jack Member

10. Jack

Jack Member

11. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Everyone,
    *Our latest article on our Blog page discusses Adobe’s announcement, as well as our plans for the future.* https://www.muse-themes.com/blogs/news/the-final-release-of-adobe-muse

*We appreciate all of your comments and questions! We’re noting each one and are actually putting together a post to offer focused discussion of your most commonly asked questions and concerns. Look out for it in the next day or two on our Blog page.
    Thanks
    Dj

12. Brandon

Brandon Widgetsman Staff Member Advisory Group

@Chuck Nigash is right. This news does not mean that you can't use Muse anymore. You can continue to use it if you wish. Adobe will not be adding new features in the future, but in reality, there haven't been any significant new features since the addition of responsive more than 2 years ago in February of 2016.

As far as MuseThemes, it's business as usual. We have a full calendar of great products scheduled.

If you would like to start looking for alternatives to Muse, we'll have you covered there as well too. Check out this video for a look at what's coming: https://visualarms.wistia.com/medias/kv464aaolb

Cheers

Jack likes this.
  13. Brandon

Brandon Widgetsman Staff Member Advisory Group

14. Jack

Jack Member