Adding a space before the title in Article Connect?

Discussion in 'Connect - CSV Widgets' started by Ben Stanbury, Nov 21, 2017.

1. Ben Stanbury

Ben Stanbury Member

Hi.

I would like to add a line space before the title when the entire blog post is shown (after you click the 'Read More' button)

Or, is there away to set the entire blog post to start a say 100 pixels down from the top of the screen onstead of displaying at 0 pixel height.

The reason I ask is that I have a fixed bar that runs across the top of the page and it obscures or hides the title of the blog post when I click 'Read More' as per the screen shot.

Attached Files:

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Ben, I may be reading your issue wrong, but I am positioning the widget just below my version of your header and I don't have any overlap.
    Are you by any chance positioning the widget at the top of the page it appears on?
    Dj
    Capture1.JPG Capture2.JPG Capture3.JPG

3. Ben Stanbury

Ben Stanbury Member

Hi Dj,

Thanks for the reply.

It's not the position of the widget, its the position of the blog posts that displays after you click a 'Read More' button (when you go to read an article in full).

So if you click this link to my blog on the site, and then click on one of the four blog posts, you will see the entire post scrolls up and behind the fixed header. I've made a little video of my screen but can't attach it here. Can I email it to you?

I would like the full articles to be displayed a few pixels down, so as not to scroll up and behind my fixed header bar.

https://blcreative.agency/blog.html

Thanks, Ben

4. DjHerold

Ben, let me try to clarify what I was trying to illustrate.
    The widget itself dictates the articles location. If you place the widget at the top of the page, and there is a header, the posts are going to open where the top of the page resides.
    So, in my screen shots you can see the design mode and the opened page in browser. This is normal.
    Your site (and thank you for the link) is placing the Posts correctly, but you'll notice, your page is doing an automatic scroll down.
    This makes the posts seem incorrect, but if you scroll back up the page, you'll see the posts are just below your fixed content (see screen shot).
    I'm not sure if you have anchors set up to scroll to a position on your page, but it looks like it. If this isn't the case, I would remove any other vendors widgets from the page and try again. Sometimes there can be a conflict of code.
    If things still persist, could you post a screen shot or two of your site in Muse design mode.
    Thanks
    Dj
    Capture1.JPG Capture2.JPG Capture3.JPG

5. Ben Stanbury

Ben Stanbury Member

Hi Dj

Thanks for your help with this. OK so I tried one more thing, I removed all elements from the page, all other widgets and all pinned elements and have the widget positioned half way down the page as I would like it. There are no Master pages applied either.

Then when I click on the 'Read More' button the full article loads and begins at the very top of the page. It does not begin on the page where I have positioned the widget.

I can see your example behaves as I would like, but starting from a 'blank' page I can not replicate this desired behavior.

Could it be my website some how? Would love a fix for this!!

http://brightlightscreative2017.businesscatalyst.com/blogtest.html

6. DjHerold

Ben, sorry but one last question.
    When you stated "I can see your example behaves as I would like, but starting from a 'blank' page I can not replicate this desired behavior", Does 'Blank' page mean you opened a new site/page and dropped the widget (as is default setting), and you still had issues?
    Or did you just strip your actual sites page bare and tried your same widget?
    If it the old page, try just placing the stock default widget on a New site. If that works then replace it with your Article widget setup as before.
    And then depending on your results, start adding elements and positioning that you had on the original site .
    Let me know, and we can take the next step.
    Dj

7. Ben Stanbury

Ben Stanbury Member

Hi Dj

Thank you. OK I have created a new site with a single blank page. I have placed the stock widget halfway down the page, and when I click on one of the articles in the widget it still scrolls the article to the top of the page. - which (for absolute clarity) is not what I want.

Please see link below for example.

http://articleconnect.businesscatalyst.com/index.html

8. DjHerold

Ben, not sure why this is happening.
    I am going to send you a private conversation with some contact details.
    Dj