Solved Adding a drop down menu to a form... issues with a free widget

Discussion in 'General Muse' started by spyder, Jul 17, 2016.

1. spyder

spyder Well-Known Member

Hi there, Muse forms don't currently have the option to create a drop down menu, so I downloaded a free widget on Muse's site for that, the Forms + Bundle widget at http://resources.muse.adobe.com/collections/widgets-mu/products/forms-bundle.

So I followed the steps and it worked fine, but when i created break points, the drop down menu no longer worked for those breakpoints. The web page just displays the menu items separated by commas in the text field, the drop down menu is no longer there for all break points except for the first one. Please let me know if anyone is aware how to fix this, or if there is a widget on muse-themes that works. Thank you.

2. Jeremei

Jeremei Well-Known Member

3. spyder

spyder Well-Known Member

Thank you very much for your reply. The widget to add drop down functionality is directly from the Muse site so I'm not sure why you said there can be a conflict with other suppliers as that widget is right from Muse (although I do know that sometimes using multiple widgets can mess things up), I'm not actually using any other widgets on the page so that shouldn't be the issue either..

I did look at all those widgets earlier but none of them provide drop down options for forms except for the Wufoo widget, and for that one I'd need to get a paid account as the form has more than 10 text fields. I find it very strange that Muse does not allow drop downs in their forms, yet they provide checkboxes, which is what I'll have to do in the meantime. I'll just keep seeing if I can make it work properly.

I've put a working version of the site on my server at http://www.spyderbaby.com/bctitleloans/index.html

The form is on the landing page and the 'Apply' page. You can see I have changed the look of the form on the landing page at different breakpoints.
    * Keep in mind the only page I've created breakpoints for at this time is the landing page so the other pages will be a mess. Site isn't done yet.

4. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Spyder, just as a side note, the widget you reference to is not an Adobe Muse widget. It is another third party vendor like us but not from Adobe. Adobe lists most of the major third party vendors on thier site because Adobe has chosen not to get into the widget market (other than the stock Muse widgets that are supplied in the program and are used as a basic framework for other widgets.).
    I mention this because widgets from other vendors (other than the stock Adobe ones) can conflict with each other sometimes.
    It just depends on how the developer codes the widget. So it's a good thing to know where you get your widgets from so you can trouble shoot if necessary.
    Thanks
    Dj

5. spyder

spyder Well-Known Member

Ok, good to know. I thought that was a widget from Muse directly. I put a thread on their site but haven't heard from anyone there and I still haven't figured out the issue. Will keep plugging away. Thank you for your prompt replies, always appreciated! If Muse-Themes can add a widget that can create a dropdown menu in a form similar to the one I've used (but make it work properly at all breakpoints!) that would be lovely, I'd send beers your way. Good Canadian beers, too!

6. James007

James007 Active Member

I apologise about the bump, but this functionality would be absolutely awesome. Is Muse-Themes in the process of creating a form with dropdown menus and checkboxes?