A little venting...

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Sarah, Aug 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Sarah

Sarah Well-Known Member

About Adobe. I have had trouble with IBE for over a month now. The two clients who are using it to edit their sites are unable to add links. I have emailed the IBE team several times, no response. I called Adobe Muse Support, who said they would escalate to IBE. I got an automated IBE email but no follow up.

Really, REALLY frustrating. I am now having to offer clients FREE updates to their websites because IBE is broken.

2. Mike Valkanet

Mike Valkanet Well-Known Member

That's frustrating. I try to avoid telling most clients about in browser editing. Most of the time they just mess up the website by replacing horizontal images with vertical ones or something.

IanR likes this.
  3. Sarah

Sarah Well-Known Member

Yes, I'm slowly catching on to that Mike. Clients are very certain they want to be able to update their own sites but when push comes to shove, they don't want the hassle. I am now offering "Fully Managed Websites" which includes free updates for a monthly fee. Avoids the IBE issue and breaking of the design issue.

IanR likes this.
  4. Steve Harris

Steve Harris Museologist Staff Member Moderator

Late to the party... I totally agree. Never been a big IBE fan.

We may have a solution soon. It's not AGENT (sigh) but it's another CMS we've been working with that shows a lot of promise. It's similar to IBE in some ways (in-context editing, click and replace, etc.) however you have way more control and can brand it with your business name. So your clients don't see Adobe Muse everywhere, and perhaps you could charge for a "custom" CMS that looks like your business.

It does cost $10 / month though, but hopefully you could get your clients to pay a CMS fee annually to cover it. We're going to do a beta test to gauge feedback and interest. We'll do lots of training vids to make sure setup is smooth. It also works with BC - shocker right?

Interested? We'll push the beta live by end of month, right after a few super mega awesome widgets. Seriously though, our next few widgets are sweeeeet.

5. Sarah

Sarah Well-Known Member

Great! I am definitely interested and the fee will not be a problem. Does it, by chance, include any kind of blogging functionality? Also, will it be possible to apply it to existing Muse sites or only for new ones that are built with it?

Thanks Steve!

6. Steve Harris

Steve Harris Museologist Staff Member Moderator

Hey Sarah!

It works on existing sites, installation is super easy.

Re: Blogging - what features of blogging are you after specifically? Things like tagging, categories, etc. can be tough in a Muse environment. But what if it just allowed you to create a new post (that was a new page), and you could link to that page from another spot (and maybe write a little excerpt). Kind of like how our blog looks here > http://www.muse-themes.com/blogs/news

Assuming social sharing and commenting on each of the pages is important too...

Post your wish list :)

Thanks!
    SH

7. Sarah

Sarah Well-Known Member

Hi Steve, just like your blog would be great. The main thing is that a client could access it to add new posts, and that it was hosted in the same environ as the Muse site for SEO benefits...

If you tell me this will be doable, I'll start jumping up and down!