2/5 buttons don't work [Media Pro Gallery]

Discussion in 'Media Pro Gallery' started by Mark Lambertson, Jan 13, 2017.

1. Mark Lambertson

Mark Lambertson Member

My portfolio gallery [ http://www.prodigiousmotion.com/portfolio.html ] has five divisions activated by five custom buttons (corpID, docs, all, design, and photo). The last two buttons don't work properly (labeled on the page as "Design & Copy" and "Direction"), although I was careful to name the graphic styles properly.

I'm not sure what I missed. Please help.

Thanks!

[​IMG]

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Mark, could you provide a few screen shots of the Graphic Style names and the widget fly out settings?
    Thanks
    Dj

3. Mark Lambertson

Mark Lambertson Member

Thanks for the quick reply!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Mark, from what I can see, it appears you're set up correctly. It's a bit difficult to tell just from screen shots, mainly because other widgets and design items can sometimes interfere.
    One thing that troubles me though, is you are using a really old version of the widget. You have version 11.5, that was built for pre responsive Muse.
    We are now at version 1.5, which has had a bunch of enhancements and the panel , although similar, has been adjusted for better viewing.
    I can't be sure that changing versions would solve your issue, I haven;t seen the button issue be caused by that (yet).
    It's typically either the graphic style names or another widget conflict.
    I hate to tell you to replace the widget (I know how time consuming it can be) without being sure that it's the version, but I would like to suggest something.
    It may be a bit of work but I think it will break things down.
    How about making a copy of your site for testing. Replace the Media pro gallery in it's entirety, but rather than completely re do it, Just set up one image per button, using images that are very simply named (no spaces, dashes, special characters, just a one word name), as well as Graphic styles similar to the ones you used (but for the sake of testing, replace those also.
    If this doesn't change anything, I would be willing to look at your file if you'd like.
    Let me know how things are, and we can take it from there.
    Dj

5. Mark Lambertson

Mark Lambertson Member

I tried all that you suggested at the same time, and I think it is working (it isn't uploaded yet). There's one distressing but related issue--there's no easy way to upgrade a widget? I have to install the new version and recreate the entire gallery? I guess the other widgets are the same way. :( I know that this aspect isn't your company, but Adobe. Hopefully they'll make that easier in the future.

BTW, I became a Muse-Themes member in late November, and I did the bundle download. I later discovered that the bundle had not been updated to include the latest versions of the many widgets o_O, so I watched for that issue. ;) Unfortunately, I didn't think of it this time. :confused::oops:

It's official -- at 2 a.m. I turn into that emoji guy. :rolleyes: